Monday, July 8, 2013

My Colors

I so wanted to take part in Me Made May 2013. But, alas, I don't really have enough me mades to last for a month. This is my goal for next year. To actually sew so much, that I could pledge myself to wear at least 2-3 times a week me mades. But, I loved getting inspiration from others and enjoyed the posts of other bloggers. Inspired by Gillian, who included a color palette for her MMM'13 challenge, I wanted to create my own color palette. Not really to challenge myself, but to think more about the colors I use and what kind of fabrics I buy. I came up with the following:


The idea is that the smaller rectangles are sort of accent colors, so that I have more neutral tones to choose from. This isn't really that strict and I'm not going to go and throw away clothes that don't fit to the palette. But I've noticed that these are the colors I wear most often. And if I look at the things I'm sewing, the Réglisse has pink and brown in it, the Sassy Librarian Blouse will be from orange and yellow and the swimsuit from turquoise and red. So, not bad...

4 comments:

  1. Those are lovely colours! And I can see how they'd work for all seasons, too. Speaking of colours, my sister and I are going to be giving a little talk at her local yarn fair in September about choosing and mixing colours, including a little bit from me about colour palettes. Would you be happy to let us include yours in the slide show? I'd like to show a bunch of different palettes for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours! I think they mesh well together without being all the same and matchy matchy. My faves are the bottom right hand four, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! Go ahead :) It was so fun to think what to include and that I actually had a colour palette, even if it wasn't that conscious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool :) I hope I'm getting more and more clothes done with these (at least my fabrics are pretty well matched).

    ReplyDelete